Applications must be submitted on line by October 30, 2013.
Scholarships will be awarded at the IAHF Engaging the Future Reception during the IVMA Annual Meeting on Friday evening, January 31, 2014, in Indianapolis.
In keeping with the mission and goals of the Indiana Veterinary Medical Association, the IVMA has established a scholarship fund for students at Purdue University enrolled in the College of Veterinary Medicine (Approved by the IVMA Board of Directors, September, 1998).
For the year 2014, the IVMA will award five - $1000 scholarships.
For the year 2014, the Indiana Animal Health Foundation will award two - $1000 scholarships.
- Be a full time veterinary student (1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year) in the Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine. For the Indiana Animal Health Foundation scholarships, the applicant must be an Indiana resident. (this means paying in-state tuition).
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Display an appropriate need for the scholarship.
- Be an active SCAVMA member.
- Demonstrate sincere interests in animal well-being, the human-animal bond, community service activities or involvement in leadership positions with the SCAVMA (e.g. allied clubs, committee chair, or other SCAVMA activity).
- Submit an essay on the topic "Describe where veterinary medicine will be in 10 years and your role in the profession at that time." (This should be no more than 500 words).
- Complete the application online.
Applications must be submitted online by October 30, 2013. An IVMA Screening Committee will review all applications and essays. The student's name will be deleted from the application when reviewed. No member of the screening Committee or Executive Committee's immediate family (daughter, son, step-daughter, step-son, wife or husband) is eligible to apply.